After struggling to find a design that really worked for this project I decided to carry on with the 1950's detective line of inspiration while also still trying to directly merge it with the science-fiction/comic element too. I felt I could do this by keeping his clothing relatively normal and within the time period while also changing his facial features to suit much more of robotic, superhero nature. I tried to keep the mohawk and logo elements by incorporating them into a metallic helmet feature and into the police badge respectively.
Monday, 31 December 2012
Tuesday, 11 December 2012
By taking another look at the imaginary skeleton ideas I already had I decided that it would be wise to start afresh. I did this by subverting the way I looked at creating these designs. Instead of starting with studying and researching ideas with line drawing, I instead used broad white strokes to mark out the basic skeletal structure first, adding line and detail afterwards. I think this was immediately more successful.
Monday, 10 December 2012
I really struggled with these pieces as I found it incredibly difficult to reference, research and ultimately draw the skeletal structure of all the creatures I designed here. Before now I have never had the chance the draw and study skeletons and while I found this a difficult task, I am glad that I managed to at least create something from the frustration I had with drawing something I have barely touched on previously.